LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA 2019:
I was in love with Los Angeles in the cold of winter. Take off your down jacket with the sun warming you up. Palm trees are everywhere, music and relaxed atmosphere. You are in the best place to see the most spectacular sunsets. Leave the stress at home, you’re in Los Angeles, and here, that’s different.
Los Angeles is the city of surfers, skateboarders, Hollywood. Here, music, art, and sport offer one of the most exciting calendars in the world. Here a list of 10 things to do but remember that the most beautiful thing in Los Angeles is the lifestyle.
- One of my favorite places is Griffith Park, a vast urban park on the hill of Los Feliz. The view of Downtown is spectacular at sunset. The Griffith Observatory sits on the South of Mount Hollywood, famous for the scenes of countless films, first of all, Rebel Without a Cause with James Dean to whom they dedicated a memorial. Can you remember Lalaland? Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling danced under the stars right here. From the center of the park and, in particular in the Observatory parking area, there are several paths to go and see the famous Hollywood sign on Mount Lee.
- Let’s go now to Beverly Hills. The wealthiest and most green area of palm trees in Los Angeles. It is the center of fashion, art galleries, restaurants, and trendy clubs. All celebrities live here. Access to the villas is directly from the street without gates. Well-kept gardens and lawns surround the area. There are the properties of Leonardo di Caprio, Nicholas Cage, Cher, Michael Douglas, Mick Jagger, Angelina Jolie, Madonna, Demi Moore and so on to all the actors of the cinema. Here the television series Beautiful and Beverly Hills 90210 were shot.
- Venice Beach is the most famous beach in the city where you can admire surfers, skateboarders, and athletes of all kinds. Then there are several yoga schools where you can practice at the water’s edge. You will feel like you are in a large outdoor gym which, at sunset, will be filled with people who come to enjoy the spectacular sundown.
Since you’re in Venice, I suggest you take a walk on Abbot Kinney Blvd. and stop to eat one of the best pizzas in Los Angeles, Gjelina. You must book. Otherwise, you can not find a place. They have a wood-burning oven, and the pizza is so good that you forget you’re in America.
- We move to Downtown to access the LA river, the river most loved by Hollywood directors for car chase scenes. To name a few: Terminator, Grease, Batman, Point Break, Transformer. There are several accesses, we took the tunnel under the bridge of 7 “Avenue, and we entered both by foot and by car, an experience of fear in the truest sense of the word.
- Do you love the cinema? Don’t miss the Hollywood Wall of Fame. We are talking about the most famous walk in the world on Hollywood Boulevard and on Vine Street. Two thousand six hundred twenty-eight stars are set in the sidewalk in honor of the celebrities of the American industry’s star system.
- Another stop to plan is the arrival of Route 66 in Santa Monica at the historic Pier. The pier still maintains its original wooden structure today. A plaque marks the entry and therefore the end of the road which is the symbol par excellence of the road trip. A place is now full of memorabilia shops and one of the most impressive amusement parks overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
- For an American-style lunch, a must stop at In-N-Out-Burger. Find restaurants everywhere around the city. I’ll recommend you the one on Sunset Blvd in Hollywood. I confess I ate here my best fast food in America. As usual, the ingredients make a difference, only fresh meat, and potatoes. Read the article where I’ll tell you about my dinner at In-N-Out in San Antonio, Texas: In-N-Out the best fast food in the West.
- Last but only because it is about an hour from the city of Los Angeles, there is Malibu. A beautiful beaches area with the coolest Starbucks I’ve ever seen. I suggest you get to Zuma Beach and take off your shoes, and you can walk for hours meeting celebrities who walk like you, on the same beach on the edge of the ocean. Eat at the Sunset Restaurant, enjoy the lobster ravioli cooked by an Italian chef. At the table next to us, lunch Bono of U2. Get ready for a breathtaking sunset.
- I want to advise you where to sleep and since you’re in Los Angeles and the weather allows it, why not try a night on Airstream? A different experience in the State of California, where glamping was born, camping with style, in design environments, and with all the comforts. Go to the Airbnb website and choose your favorite accommodation. Los Angeles offers several Airstreams to sleep on the Hollywood Hills, in the heart of Downtown or even the most surfer version in Venice Beach. Watch the video of our Airstream 📽 https://youtu.be/c9onYA8ihqI
Note that the City of Angels is not like New York that you walk. To move you need to rent a car, you can do it directly at the airport. So why not try a “convertible”? Go to the Rental Car website and choose your favorite model. We opted for a Mustang, and we left the Tom Bradley Airport by the car open in the middle of January.
Enjoy your trip! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 I ❤ LA